Speak to a specialist
Discuss your requirements with a villa expert
What we love
- Historical and Majestic Property Overlooking The Bay of Cannes
- Beautifully Manicured 5 Hectare parc
- Private Clay Tennis Court
Overlooking the bay of Cannes, Mandelieu, and the Esterel mountain range, Chateau Charlene is nestled in a beautifully manicured 5-hectare parc and 15 hectares of forest. The property offers beautiful living spaces and suites.
The château is of approximately 1,400 m² and was originally built as a monastery by the monks of the isles of Lerins and converted to an aristocratic Riviera villa by Sir Edwin Lutyens in 1912. Lutyens is considered one of the greatest British architects, responsible for the viceroy’s palace in New Delhi, the British embassy in Washington and the Cenotaph at Whitehall. Private residences by his hand outside of the UK are extremely rare.
The château was acquired by the Baron of Wolverton after the First World War and served as the Riviera holiday house of the family for many decades. In the 1980s and 1990s, it was the headquarters of MIP/MIDEM and hosted countless movie stars and celebrity parties.
Today, the château presents itself completely renovated, upgraded to modern standard, with state-of-the-art domotic, air conditioning, wifi and security. It features generous entertainment spaces, 3 master suites, and a variety of additional guest acommodation and staff quarters.
Share this villa
- Private Pool
- Private Tennis Court
- Air Conditioning
- Wine Cellar
- Home Office
- Fire Pit
- Sea Views
In-Depth Villa Details
- Suite 1: 80m2 suite, 50m2 terrace, sea view Master Suite 1 is the brightest of our suites, with the largest windows and highest ceilings. It offers a 50m2 terrace and 80m2 indoor living space, split into a living room, dressing, bed room, bath room and separate WC. It is located on the first floor, in the south-west corner of the building. It has an emperor size bed
- Suite 2: 120m2 suite, 30m2 terrace, sea view, 2 bedrooms Master Suite 2 is the largest of our suites, offering the greatest tranquillity and privacy. It offers a 30m2 terrace and 120m2 of indoor living space, split into a living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a separate WC. It is located on the second floor, in the southeast corner of the building. The bedrooms have king size beds. (The second bedroom of this suite can also be accessed separately, in which case it is Room 4)
- Suite 3: 60m2 suite, 30m2 terrace, sea view Master Suite 2 is the cosiest of our suites and the only one with its own fully-equipped kitchen. It offers a 30m2 terrace, and 60m2 indoor living space, split into a living room, fully equipped hidden kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. It is located on the second floor, in the southeast corner of the building. It has a queen size bed.
- Bedroom 4: 35m2 bedroom, en-suite bathroom, sea view. Bedroom 4 is the second bedroom of Master Suite 2. It can be separated from Suite 2 to form an independently accessible 35m2 bedroom with an ensuite bathroom. It is located on the second floor of the building, on the south side. It has a king size bed.
- Bedroom 5: 25m2 tower room, en-suite bathroom, sea view. Bedroom 5 is a bright and minimalist 25m2 tower bedroom, decorated as a small painter’s atelier with canvas, paint etc. It offers a panoramic view over the entire property, bedroom and en-suite bathroom. It occupies the entire – small – third floor of the building. It has a king size bed. (this room is not accessible by elevator, and the staircase is narrow – it is not advised for guests with limited mobility or particularly tall guests)
- Bedroom 6: 20m2 deluxe room, en-suite bathroom, garden view. Bed Room 6 is a luxuriously cosy 20m2 bedroom with a somewhat maritime atmosphere. It offers a bedroom and en-suite bathroom. It is located on the 1st floor of the building in the northwest corner. It has a king size bed.
- Bed Room 7: 15m2 deluxe room, en-suite bathroom, courtyard view. Bed Room 7 is a bright and luxurious 15m2 bedroom with the perfect view over the courtyard. It offers a bedroom with a comfortable reading chair and an ensuite bathroom. It is located on the 1st floor of the building in the northeast corner. It has a queen size bed.
- Bed Room 8: 15m2 deluxe room, en-suite bathroom, garden view. Bedroom 8 is a luxuriously cosy 15m2 bedroom. It offers a bedroom and en-suite bathroom. It is located on the 1st floor of the building on the west side. It offers a queen size bed.
- Bedroom 9: 20m2 room, en-suite bathroom, garden view. Bedroom 9 is a cosy 20m2 bedroom with a somewhat cottage atmosphere. It offers a bedroom and en-suite bathroom. It is located on the 2nd floor of the building in the northeast corner. It offers a queen size bed.
- 25m2 deluxe chalet, en-suite bathroom, forest view. Our Chalet is a charming log cabin, constructed from the trees on the property. It is located in the middle of the forest, with absolute privacy on all sides, invisible from any other building. In spite of its rustic exterior, it offers the same luxuries as the other rooms, with air conditioning, an ensuite bathroom, etc. It is located 100 metres south of the château, next to the driving range. It has a queen size bed.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Private Tennis Court
Chipping & Putting Golf Practice Area
130m Golf Driving Range
STAFF & SERVICES
Daily Maid Service
Nearest Airport: Nice Airport (NCE)
Nearest Town: Mougins
Pets Not Allowed
No Smoking Allowed