Claughton HouseSri Lanka
Speak to a specialist
Discuss your requirements with a villa expert
What we love
- 8 Acres of Private Gardens
- Private Beach Access
- Perfect for Swimming and Surfing
The central theme of Geoffrey Bawa's architecture was to take advantage of the natural landscape to ensure that when inside the house you were able to enjoy the vast expansive views. There is an open plan two-level living area with a stunning polished dining table and sitting area. Completely open sided this has spectacular views of the gardens, pool and the Indian Ocean.
The house can be divided into two parts. The front contains the dining and living area as well as 3 master suites. Each suite has a king-size bed and ensuite bathrooms as well as private gardens/courtyard with an outdoor shower. All the five bedrooms are air-conditioned and have en-suite bathrooms.
The newly designed pool was done so in consultation with the Bawa Trust and so we are confident would have been approved by Mr Bawa himself. It is one of the most impressive oceanfront pools in Sri Lanka.
Share this villa
- Private Pool
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Cot
- Home Office
- Sea Views
- Walk to Beach
- Weddings Permitted
- Events Permitted
In-Depth Villa Details
- Bedroom 1: Master Bedroom: King size bed. Aircon. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom. Private garden. Garden and Ocean views.
- Bedroom 2: Guest Twin: Two single beds. Aircon. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom. Private garden. Sofa bed. Garden and Ocean views.
- Bedroom 3: Guest twin: Two single beds. Aircon. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom with built-in bathtub. Garden and Ocean views.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Baby cot & High Chair
Access to the Beach
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
Nearest Airport: Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
Events & Weddings Allowed on Request
No Smoking Allowed
Pets Not Allowed