Speak to a specialist
Discuss your requirements with a villa expert
What we love
- Exclusive Highland Retreat with Vast Land Covering Three Acres
- Enjoy A tipple in The Whisky Library
- Billiards Room
Candacraig offers an exclusive Highland retreat perfectly located to explore the remarkable beauty of the Cairngorms and the surrounding area. This 17th century mansion provides the ideal luxury escape to immerse yourself in the rich history and natural beauty of the Highlands while partaking of some of the finest local traditions.
Nestled in the heart of rugged, breathtaking Highland beauty, Candacraig allows guests to unwind in peaceful natural surroundings, with easy access to some of Scotland’s most remarkable sights and experiences. To the West lies the King’s own Highland retreat at Balmoral Castle, while the stunning route North leads to the promise of whisky in the picturesque Spey Valley. The local area also features access to some of the finest fishing, golf and outdoor pursuits in Scotland.
With its sensational location in the heart of the Cairngorms, but just an hour’s journey from Aberdeen and Inverness, Candacraig offers exceptional hospitality in a truly remarkable setting.
Enlarged in 1836 by the same architect who built the neighbouring Balmoral Castle owned by the Royal family, Candagraig has been extended several times over the years and was partially reconstructed in 1955 retaining its Scottish style.
Considerable investment has been made into the interior redesign of this stunning property including an environmentally friendly biomass heating system throughout and magnificent chef’s kitchen. Guests enjoy private, exclusive use offering 12 ensuite bedrooms, an impressive formal Dining Room, Drawing Room, Games/ Billiard Room with a full-size snooker table, and the guests' favourite Whisky Library.
Outdoors, there are 18 acres of private woodland and manicured lawns, including a large Victorian walled garden with beautiful flowers
and trees, a lochan fed by the celebrated River Don and a woodland bonfire area – a very special spot to enjoy a drink by the fire.
Exploring the lavish grounds you and guest will find one magical setting after another– exclusively yours to enjoy during your stay.
Share this villa
- Air Conditioning
- Pool Table
- Fire Pit
- Weddings Permitted
- Events Permitted
In-Depth Villa Details
- Anderson Room: Large, spacious super king room with ensuite (Alternatively, this room can be split into twin beds)
- Forbes Room: Large, spacious super king room with ensuite (Alternatively, this room can be split into twin beds)
- Frase Room Super king room with 4 poster bed and stunning views, private adjacent bathroom
- Gordon Room Top floor king bedroom, with free standing bath
- Grant Room: Lovely corner super king room with large ensuite
- Gunn Master Bedroom: A spacious super king bedroom with ensuite, this is the Master Bedroom of Candacraig
- Innes Room: Large top floor double bedroom with ensuite featuring a free standing bath
- Macduff & MacAlister Rooms: Adjoining double rooms with private bathrooms or shared bathrooms to suit families
- Macgregor Room: Luxurious top floor king bedroom, with ensuite bathroom and free standing bath
- Russel Room: Bright double bedroom with ensuite
- Wallace Room: Large, spacious super king room with ensuite (Alternatively, this room can be split into twin beds)
FEATURES AND AMENITIES:
Fully Equipped kitchen
Alfresco dining area
Fire pit area
STAFF & SERVICES
Fully staffed, including overnight butler
Full concierge services
Tea, coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, and fresh fruit.
Complimentary selection of pre/post dinner drinks in the Whisky Library.
Flowers in all public rooms and throughout the house.
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
Catering: including three meals a day starts from £150 per person per day, although this varies in accordance to the ingredients chosen, the style of food, and the number of guests and meals required.
Activities & Excursions
TRAVELLING FROM ABERDEEN
We are approximately an hour’s drive from Aberdeen International Airport, and only slightly further from the city’s rail station, with its frequent services to routes throughout the UK.
TRAVELLING FROM INVERNESS
Candacraig is an hour from Inverness Airport.
TRAVELLING FROM EDINBURGH
Candacraig is also accessible from Edinburgh Airport.
Candacraig is a strictly no smoking property indoors.
Candacraig does not permit any self-catering.